There is nothing cozier than starting your day with a warm breakfast on a cold winter morning. This recipe is easily made vegan and gluten-free if that’s your jam. The ingredients are simple pantry items that most of us have on hand. The chocolate chips can be omitted but during these challenging times, I say add more!
INGREDIENTS: yields 6-9 helpings
- 2 packs Peanuts + Maple HOLOS
- 1 egg of choice
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- * 2tbps Peanut Butter + 1 tsp coconut oil (read note)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 or desired baking dish.
- Mash the egg and banana then add baking powder, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and coconut oil and stir together.
- Add in HOLOS, oats, maple syrup and milk.
- Pour oat mixture into the pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
*To make peanut butter drizzle, place 2 tbsp of peanut butter in a small microwave dish. Add a tsp of coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds. You will have a runny drizzle to top your baked muesli.