This recipe is part of a series of 5 amazing new ways to eat HOLOS this summer.
HOLOS fans are an active bunch so I thought of how to make a Trail Mix Granola Bar for those pre or post workouts. I used the HOLOS Maple Peanuts for these bars and let me tell you, I did NOT mind taste testing these. I got the recipe just right for you. Such a healthy treat!
A crunchy, sweet and salty snack. The Maple + Almonds HOLOS muesli is the perfect base for these protein and superfoods packed bars.
(yields 12 bars)
- 1 pack of HOLOS muesli
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (or vegan flax alternative)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F, convection if you have.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet ingredients and add to dry. Mix thoroughly.
- Place parchment into a shallow 11” by 8” pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for at least an hour and then bake again for 10 minutes. The second bake results in a crispy and crunchy texture. Let cool completely before slicing.
Our UniverseAll articles
Let us introduce you to the world of Berries!
As summer approaches, we are reminded of the tantalizing blend of sweet and refreshing flavors found in our favorite berries; Not only do they taste great, but they are also known for their high le...
Chunky Monkey Muesli : Time to go bananas!
There's nothing better than discovering the new HOLOS Maple + Almonds flavour by testing a new filling that's super easy and so satisfying!
The Story of Almonds: From Rags to Riches.
The almond as we know it today is a far cry from the almond as it was consumed thousands of years ago. Immerse yourself in the fascinating rags-to-riches story of the almond, from wild to sweet.