Yes, you read that right! Churros made with HOLOS! We aim to deliver easy straight-forward recipes that you can make from home - bet you’ve never heard that about churros before. So fun and a perfect treat with the same health benefits as your favourite muesli!
INGREDIENTS: yields 10-12 churros
- 1 pack Cocoa HOLOS
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 1/2 tbsp canola or olive or melted coconut oil
- Canola Oil - approx 2 cups for frying
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Empty pack of muesli into a blender and blend until flour-like consistency. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry. If too dry, add a little more milk.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a large star nozzle if using. No piping bag? No problem. These can be turned into drop dumplings by scooping batter into the hot oil.
- Pour 2 inches of canola oil into a heavy bottom pot - my go-to is 7” in diameter and 4” tall. Heat over medium-high heat. Test oil by dropping in tsp of batter. If it crisps up right away, your oil is ready.
- Carefully pipe 4 inches of batter into the hot oil or drop for dumplings!
- These cook fast, 2 minutes at most.
- Transfer to a bowl with coconut sugar and cinnamon. Toss to coat and enjoy!
Our UniverseAll articles
Let us introduce you to the world of Berries!
As summer approaches, we are reminded of the tantalizing blend of sweet and refreshing flavors found in our favorite berries; Not only do they taste great, but they are also known for their high le...
Chunky Monkey Muesli : Time to go bananas!
There's nothing better than discovering the new HOLOS Maple + Almonds flavour by testing a new filling that's super easy and so satisfying!
The Story of Almonds: From Rags to Riches.
The almond as we know it today is a far cry from the almond as it was consumed thousands of years ago. Immerse yourself in the fascinating rags-to-riches story of the almond, from wild to sweet.