This recipe is part of a series of 5 amazing new ways to eat HOLOS this summer.
I love pancakes. I make them pretty much every weekend. HOLOS Chai was the perfect addition to my blueberry sauce coupled with adding fibre, probiotics and superfoods = Blueberry Chai Pancakes! Blueberries and summer go hand in hand making this recipe a delicious weekend treat.
A wholesome spicy stack with the sweetness of freshly picked blueberries. These pancakes are packed with protein with just the right balance of sweet and spice.
- 1 HOLOS Chai (any flavour works)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oat flour (*if you don’t have oat flour, simply fine grind ½ cup of oats)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium egg (or vegan flax alternative)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter (melted)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
For the pancakes:
- In a large mixing bowl add dry ingredients and whisk.
- Add the wet one at a time, stirring while you go until the dry ingredients are incorporated and everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat large nonstick pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use ladle to add batter to pan. Place approximately 5 fresh blueberries on each pancake.
- Once bubbles start to form, flip and cook for another minute or two. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Drizzle the chia ginger blueberry sauce on top of your freshly made pancakes (optional).
For the sauce (optional):
- In small sauce pan add maple syrup and blueberries and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for several minutes as berries start to thaw.
- Once berries are soft, add in ground ginger and stir.
- Finally, add in chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and set aside to thicken.